What we know about the measurement:
Genelec 8351B is an active bookshelves speaker that cost around 6000USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 35.2Hz (resp. 32.2Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.0dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.1dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-50.0°, 60.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-60.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.96
and would be 8.37 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.316, LW 0.294, SP 0.252, PIR 0.226; SM: SP0.948, PIR0.927; LFQ 0.836, LFX 30Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 7.23
with an EQ and would be 8.45 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.315, LW 0.272, SP 0.236, PIR 0.208; SM: SP0.965, PIR0.939; LFQ 0.836, LFX 27Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.96 and would be 8.37 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Vertical measurement
- Link to Original review.