What we know about the measurement:
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 1500USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 86.0dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 85.7Hz (resp. 56.4Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 3.1dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 60.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.4
and would be 6.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.58, LW 0.5, SP 0.44, PIR 0.43; SM: SP0.87, PIR0.73; LFQ 0.51, LFX 49Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.0
with an EQ and would be 7.8 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.42, LW 0.37, SP 0.32, PIR 0.3; SM: SP0.95, PIR0.9; LFQ 0.58, LFX 39Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.4 and would be 6.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.