What we know about the measurement:
Yamaha NS-6490 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 130USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 87.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 20.5Hz (resp. 71.8Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.8dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 6.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-10.0°, 10.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.46
and would be 4.34 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.751, LW 0.722, SP 0.644, PIR 0.661; SM: SP0.747, PIR0.219; LFQ 1.213, LFX 67Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.12
with an EQ and would be 6.19 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.667, LW 0.642, SP 0.614, PIR 0.605; SM: SP0.922, PIR0.855; LFQ 1.061, LFX 43Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.46 and would be 4.34 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.