What we know about the measurement:
Yamaha HS5 is a active bookshelves speaker that cost around 399USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 164.8Hz (resp. 62.3Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 4.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 70.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.2
and would be 5.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.51, LW 0.47, SP 0.43, PIR 0.42; SM: SP0.58, PIR0.21; LFQ 0.39, LFX 54Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9
with an EQ and would be 8.0 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.37, LW 0.34, SP 0.41, PIR 0.34; SM: SP0.96, PIR0.95; LFQ 0.46, LFX 43Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.2 and would be 5.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.