What we know about the measurement:
Yamaha HS5 is an active bookshelves speaker that cost around 399USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 164.8Hz (resp. 62.3Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 4.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 70.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 2.89
and would be 5.5 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.513, LW 0.467, SP 0.434, PIR 0.417; SM: SP0.583, PIR0.152; LFQ 0.318, LFX 58Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.79
with an EQ and would be 8.01 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.381, LW 0.291, SP 0.318, PIR 0.265; SM: SP0.927, PIR0.895; LFQ 0.402, LFX 47Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 2.89 and would be 5.5 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.