What we know about the measurement:
KEF R8 Meta is a passive surround speaker that cost around 800USD each .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 84.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 117.2Hz (resp. 98.1Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 3.6dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-40.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-50.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.58
and would be 5.21 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.606, LW 0.523, SP 0.505, PIR 0.502; SM: SP0.642, PIR0.235; LFQ 0.835, LFX 101Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.33
with an EQ and would be 7.57 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.441, LW 0.364, SP 0.346, PIR 0.338; SM: SP0.93, PIR0.861; LFQ 0.71, LFX 82Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.58 and would be 5.21 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. .