What we know about the measurement:
KEF R8 Meta is a passive surround speaker that cost around 800USD each .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 84.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 117.2Hz (resp. 98.1Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 5.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-40.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-50.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.8
and would be 5.4 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.61, LW 0.52, SP 0.51, PIR 0.5; SM: SP0.64, PIR0.31; LFQ 0.76, LFX 98Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.6
with an EQ and would be 7.7 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.42, LW 0.35, SP 0.33, PIR 0.33; SM: SP0.93, PIR0.87; LFQ 0.7, LFX 74Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.8 and would be 5.4 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. .