What we know about the measurement:
JBL 708i passive is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 3800USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 90.1dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 90.8Hz (resp. 42.5Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 4.8dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-50.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.8
and would be 5.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.56, LW 0.56, SP 0.55, PIR 0.56; SM: SP0.67, PIR0.43; LFQ 0.9, LFX 39Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9
with an EQ and would be 7.4 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.44, LW 0.41, SP 0.36, PIR 0.37; SM: SP0.89, PIR0.85; LFQ 0.9, LFX 32Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.8 and would be 5.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.
- Note: IMPORTANT this is in passive mode and the speaker is not designed for this use case. Look at the same measurements which EQ please!
- max: 108 dB
- peak: 114 dB
- Width 248mm
- Height 438mm
- Depth 292 mm)
- Weight 11.5 kg