What we know about the measurement:
GoldenEar BRX is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 1600USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 87.5dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 85.0Hz (resp. 55.7Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.0dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.9dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-60.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 30.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.6
and would be 6.9 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.51, LW 0.48, SP 0.54, PIR 0.48; SM: SP0.9, PIR0.83; LFQ 0.66, LFX 48Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.7
with an EQ and would be 7.7 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.44, LW 0.35, SP 0.41, PIR 0.34; SM: SP0.96, PIR0.94; LFQ 0.63, LFX 43Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.6 and would be 6.9 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. Links to other reviews: sav review , ste review , tas review , ahc review .