What we know about the measurement:
Focal Dome Flax is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 400USD each .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 82.0dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 128.9Hz (resp. 108.4Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 6.8dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-50.0°, 60.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-40.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.04
and would be 4.76 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.684, LW 0.583, SP 0.555, PIR 0.512; SM: SP0.505, PIR0.135; LFQ 0.113, LFX 105Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 2.26
with an EQ and would be 5.98 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.555, LW 0.466, SP 0.589, PIR 0.478; SM: SP0.707, PIR0.478; LFQ 0.113, LFX 105Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.04 and would be 4.76 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.