What we know about the measurement:
Canon S-50 is a passive omnidirectional speaker that cost around 300USD .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 81.3dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 64.5Hz (resp. 58.6Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.5dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 7.4dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-90.0°, 70.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-10.0°, 30.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is -0.0
and would be 2.5 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 1.42, LW 1.3, SP 0.88, PIR 1.0; SM: SP0.68, PIR0.59; LFQ 0.38, LFX 55Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 2.6
with an EQ and would be 5.1 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.99, LW 0.84, SP 0.58, PIR 0.61; SM: SP0.77, PIR0.75; LFQ 0.38, LFX 54Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is -0.0 and would be 2.5 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.