What we know about the measurement:
Bowers & Wilkins 805S is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 2500USD .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 87.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 46.9Hz (resp. 41.0Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 4.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-40.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-10.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.6
and would be 6.5 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.6, LW 0.55, SP 0.41, PIR 0.42; SM: SP0.81, PIR0.66; LFQ 0.86, LFX 39Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.1
with an EQ and would be 7.8 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.45, LW 0.42, SP 0.34, PIR 0.31; SM: SP0.95, PIR0.92; LFQ 0.86, LFX 35Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.6 and would be 6.5 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.