What we know about the measurement:
Boston Acoustics A 25 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 180USD .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 85.1dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 82.0Hz (resp. 63.0Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 3.2dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 60.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.23
and would be 5.89 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.618, LW 0.49, SP 0.386, PIR 0.415; SM: SP0.763, PIR0.426; LFQ 0.317, LFX 60Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.69
with an EQ and would be 8.06 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.436, LW 0.343, SP 0.34, PIR 0.262; SM: SP0.97, PIR0.968; LFQ 0.317, LFX 51Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.23 and would be 5.89 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.