What we know about the measurement:
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2EX V2 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 1648USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is Ascend Acoustics.
- Format of the data is a set of 36 horizontal and 36 vertical measurements .
- Sensitivity: 82.9dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 58.6Hz (resp. 51.3Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.3dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.7dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 80.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 10.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9
and would be 7.97 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.359, LW 0.321, SP 0.297, PIR 0.282; SM: SP0.943, PIR0.876; LFQ 0.829, LFX 43Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.87
with an EQ and would be 8.36 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.308, LW 0.273, SP 0.257, PIR 0.234; SM: SP0.965, PIR0.926; LFQ 1.258, LFX 32Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9 and would be 7.97 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: vendor review. .