What we know about the measurement:
Apple Homepod is an active omnidirectional speaker that cost around 500USD each .
- Quality of the measurement data is medium .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 26.4Hz (resp. 23.4Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.6dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 5.7dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (0.0°, 0.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-50.0°, 0.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.7
and would be 5.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.892, LW 0.73, SP 0.542, PIR 0.544; SM: SP0.691, PIR0.762; LFQ 0.298, LFX 23Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.03
with an EQ and would be 6.68 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.7, LW 0.538, SP 0.379, PIR 0.362; SM: SP0.71, PIR0.787; LFQ 0.298, LFX 20Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.7 and would be 5.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. Links to other reviews: ssa review .
- Note: ...So what you see below is accurate to about 8 kHz. Above that, there is some error but on-axis response shows surprisingly good agreement so I think we are fine...