What we know about the measurement:
Apple Homepod is a active omnidirectional speaker that cost around 500USD each .
- Quality of the measurement data is medium .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 26.4Hz (resp. 23.4Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.6dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 5.7dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (0.0°, 0.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-50.0°, 0.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.0
and would be 5.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.89, LW 0.73, SP 0.54, PIR 0.55; SM: SP0.69, PIR0.77; LFQ 0.3, LFX 20Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.4
with an EQ and would be 7.1 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.65, LW 0.52, SP 0.32, PIR 0.32; SM: SP0.79, PIR0.86; LFQ 0.3, LFX 20Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.0 and would be 5.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. Links to other reviews: ssa review .
- Note: ...So what you see below is accurate to about 8 kHz. Above that, there is some error but on-axis response shows surprisingly good agreement so I think we are fine...