What we know about the measurement:
Mcintosh XR50 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 4000USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ErinsAudioCorner .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 79.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 43.9Hz (resp. 39.6Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.0dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.9dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-80.0°, 80.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.8
and would be 6.6 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.52, LW 0.4, SP 0.33, PIR 0.3; SM: SP0.72, PIR0.46; LFQ 0.78, LFX 36Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.3
with an EQ and would be 8.1 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.46, LW 0.33, SP 0.26, PIR 0.22; SM: SP0.97, PIR0.95; LFQ 0.78, LFX 36Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.8 and would be 6.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.