What we know about the measurement:
Mcintosh XR50 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 4000USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ErinsAudioCorner.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 79.8dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 43.9Hz (resp. 39.6Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.0dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.9dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-80.0°, 80.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.55
and would be 6.36 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.52, LW 0.404, SP 0.326, PIR 0.31; SM: SP0.717, PIR0.388; LFQ 0.643, LFX 38Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.63
with an EQ and would be 8.29 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.438, LW 0.264, SP 0.241, PIR 0.175; SM: SP0.961, PIR0.958; LFQ 0.643, LFX 35Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.55 and would be 6.36 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.