What we know about the measurement:
KEF R8a is a passive surround speaker that cost around 1400USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ErinsAudioCorner.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 84.3dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 134.0Hz (resp. 109.1Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.3dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 2.6dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-40.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-40.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.55
and would be 5.39 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.486, LW 0.429, SP 0.442, PIR 0.425; SM: SP0.67, PIR0.085; LFQ 0.946, LFX 112Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 4.5
with an EQ and would be 7.95 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.372, LW 0.28, SP 0.306, PIR 0.253; SM: SP0.939, PIR0.842; LFQ 0.8, LFX 91Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 1.55 and would be 5.39 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: eac review. Links to other reviews: white_paper review .