What we know about the measurement:
KEF R5 is a passive floorstanders speaker that cost around 2600USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ErinsAudioCorner .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 86.2dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 76.9Hz (resp. 47.6Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 1.8dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-50.0°, 40.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-40.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9
and would be 7.5 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.48, LW 0.37, SP 0.34, PIR 0.32; SM: SP0.92, PIR0.85; LFQ 0.84, LFX 33Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.6
with an EQ and would be 8.1 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.42, LW 0.31, SP 0.27, PIR 0.25; SM: SP0.98, PIR0.96; LFQ 0.84, LFX 32Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 5.9 and would be 7.5 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: eac review. Links to other reviews: yt review , white_paper review .