What we know about the measurement:
KEF R3 is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 2000USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR .
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 86.6dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 69.6Hz (resp. 41.0Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.1dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 1.6dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-60.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-50.0°, 50.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.5
and would be 8.2 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.34, LW 0.29, SP 0.26, PIR 0.25; SM: SP0.95, PIR0.91; LFQ 0.77, LFX 35Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 7.1
with an EQ and would be 8.6 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.29, LW 0.23, SP 0.23, PIR 0.2; SM: SP0.97, PIR0.95; LFQ 0.77, LFX 32Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.5 and would be 8.2 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: asr review. Links to other reviews: eac review , yt review , white_paper review .