What we know about the measurement:
Ascend Acoustics Sierra-LX is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 1400USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is Ascend Acoustics.
- Format of the data is a set of 36 horizontal and 36 vertical measurements .
- Sensitivity: 81.6dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 45.4Hz (resp. 41.0Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 1.7dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 70.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-20.0°, 20.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.76
and would be 8.57 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.249, LW 0.208, SP 0.265, PIR 0.219; SM: SP0.951, PIR0.932; LFQ 0.464, LFX 38Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 7.18
with an EQ and would be 8.84 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.241, LW 0.204, SP 0.217, PIR 0.165; SM: SP0.97, PIR0.974; LFQ 0.464, LFX 35Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.76 and would be 8.57 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to original Review: vendor review. .