What we know about the measurement:
Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE is a passive bookshelves speaker that cost around 400USD for a pair .
- Quality of the measurement data is high .
- Origin of the data is ASR.
- Format of the data is generated by a Klippel NFS .
- Sensitivity: 88.4dB (avg. 100Hz-1kHz for 2.83V measured at 1m)
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 85.7Hz (resp. 66.7Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to 0.2dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 5000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 1.9dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-70.0°, 60.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-30.0°, 30.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Tonality (Preference) Score
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.76
and would be 6.55 with a
- Details: NBD: ON 0.384, LW 0.316, SP 0.415, PIR 0.364; SM: SP0.609, PIR0.394; LFQ 0.443, LFX 64Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 6.13
with an EQ and would be 8.54 with a
perfect subwoofer and the same EQ.
- Details: NBD: ON 0.275, LW 0.233, SP 0.282, PIR 0.217; SM: SP0.924, PIR0.948; LFQ 0.443, LFX 52Hz
- Tonality (Preference) Score is 3.76 and would be 6.55 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Link to Original review.